Room Bookings Policy
Statement of Intent
The “Library Program Rooms” policy applies to the program rooms available in the 100
Mile House, Quesnel, and Williams Lake Area Branches. The rooms are principally
intended for the following: library sponsored programs; programs co-sponsored by the
Cariboo Regional District Library with partner agencies; library staff training sessions;
library orientation sessions that are provided to various groups in the communities.
The policy does not apply to meeting room facilities managed by the municipalities of
Quesnel, 100 Mile House, and Williams Lake, or by the Cariboo Regional District, that
may be available, when they are not booked for other functions, for events sponsored or
supported by the Cariboo Regional District Library.
The Board of Directors of the Cariboo Regional District supports use of the Cariboo
Regional District Library’s program facilities by non-profit, volunteer, and support groups.
Use of the rooms by community groups and organizations does not constitute the Board’s
endorsement, support or co-sponsorship of the activities, beliefs or viewpoints of the
participants in the programs or groups using the program rooms.
- If the program room has not been booked for a library program or orientation session,
it is available free of charge to non-profit groups. These groups are not limited to but
can include adult recreation and self-help; children’s and youth groups.
- Access to the program room may be limited to the branch hours of operation. Branch
staff will inform potential users of the room’s availability during hours of closure.
- Allowable occupancy varies with each program room. Branch staff will inform
potential users of room occupancy limits.
- The reservation form must be completed and signed at the time of booking.
- The group representative signing the form agrees that the group will compensate the
Cariboo Regional District Library for any damages (beyond reasonable wear)
resulting from the group’s use of the program room and adjacent library facilities.
- A group or organization may reserve the program room up to four days a month.
- A group or organization may book use of the program room up to a three month
- The library branch should be notified of canceled meetings at least 24 hours in
advance of the meetings.
- The program room key is to be obtained and returned in accordance with instructions
provided by library staff.
- Groups are expected to provide their own refreshments. Alcoholic beverages may
not be served.
- Please check with library staff regarding available equipment. Additional equipment
and all stationary supplies must be supplied by the groups using the program room.
- No smoking is allowed within the program room, or other facilities of the library. The
room must be left in a neat and orderly condition.
- Non-profit groups using the program room will be permitted to make sales under
a) Sales must be confined to the room and no effort is made to solicit other library
b) Sales must be for the benefit of the non-profit organization using the room.
- The sale of goods that directly or indirectly benefit the Area Branch will be permitted
in all public areas of the branch, including the program room. When an author takes
part in a library sponsored program, the Branch may arrange for the sale of the
author’s works at the program.
- Meetings must be open to the public at no charge; meetings must not be restricted to
any particular group.
- While using the program room, the group shall obey any reasonable direction by
library staff not in conflict with established policy. Any person who fails to obey such
direction may be requested to leave the library premises.